Friday, April 25, 2008

A Diamond Weekend


Ever since they announced it's Neil Diamond Week coming up on the next Idol, "Sweet Caroline," cannot escape my head. Damn you, Diamond! I'm kinda hoping for a big can of Cheese Whiz in the form of David Cook rocking a modern "Love On The Rocks." And I'm assuming, Seyesha will ignore the Diamond factor and chose the Streisand duet "You Don't Bring Me Flowers." Look for rasta-dreaded Castro to take on "Red Red Wine," and Brooke to hopefully, wisely tackle a 60's or 70's Neil, not an 80's one.

BABY MAMA's getting pretty good reviews: a great one in USA Today and kind ones in NY Post and NY Times. I'll be there. Tina Fey (pic) and Amy Pohler make me laugh no matter what. Speaking of Fey, "30 Rock," last night? So many great one-liners, I was reminded that I always have to watch it twice. Of course Doctor Mike, (who doesn't watch it) commented, "It's so over-the-top!" Indeed.

HELEN HUNT directed THEN SHE FOUND ME - a lil' indy n theaters today also receiving some nice reviews. I'll be there because, I genuinely like small films and well, I'm gay, and Bette Midler's in it - and getting great notices.

It's official! Madonna's face isn't moving. Have you seen her this week? Amazing body, good skin, good facial features but her facial muscles are immovable! She takes over for Nicki Kidman, who can't Botox due to her pregnancy.

A text from Laine last night: "I just gave $100 to PBS for the Olivia Newton John Live in Australia DVD." If you know Laine, you're laughing.

So 30 ROCK, THE OFFICE, UG BETTY, GREY'S, LOST, (and SURVIVOR) all on TV last night. I only caught Rock & Office so guess what I'm doing this weekend? Saw the first 10 minutes of BETTY, and I have to say, if you're not watching this, you are missing out on the funniest, most touching, over-the-top, well-acted, well-written, entertaining comedy-soap on TV. Essentially, the best hour on TV in my book.

And thus begins my Birthday Weekend...

3 comments:

Michael said...

happy birthday.... you're almost 40. I watched ugly betty for the 2nd time last night. it is pretty damn cute. i'll continue to watch.....

DanPolacek said...

Thanks for the L'Oreal for Men plug, Jerry! Oh yeah, have a great birthday! You're so lucky that it falls over the weekend!

Thanks, also, for the always entertaining blog!! :)

- Dan Polacek

DanPolacek said...

Thanks for the always entertaining blog updates, Jerry. You crack me up!

You're so lucky that your bday falls over the weekend!! Hope you have a wonderful time!!

- Dan Polacek