Tuesday, April 15, 2008

E=MC2=More Hits!


Quick Bits Today: It's Mariah night on IDOL. She's got a great catalogue no doubt. But I hope they don't try to imitate and do indeed "make it their own." Never one to shy away fro a message song, I'm hoping Baby D tackles "Make It Happen," as he is so in-need of an up-tempo ditty. Brooke White on an acoustic "Always Be My Baby," would be great and Carly being actually happy on "Someday" would be cool. I honestly can hear David Cook turning one of her big ballads into a rocker as he did with Lionel Richie's "Hello." "Vision of Love" anyone? And NO ONE should be doing one of the covers Mariah covered (IE "Without You," Open Arms," "I'll Be There," etc.)

Saw "Smart People." Good, cute, indy-like. Dennis Quaid channeled his best Nicholson as a cantankerous university professor who falls for Sarah Jessica. And I got the vibe that we'll have a lifetime of Ellen Page playing a sharp-tongue sassy youth in every film she does. It gets a "B."

Mariah's E=MC2 is out today. Here's the thing: if you like her, you'll love it. It is amazing. I loved her "Mimi" album and she has not broken that mold, which is a damn smart move. Highlights are I Stay In Love, I'm That Chick, and I'll Be Loving You. It's a perfect spring/summer jam CD and I expect at least 5 top 10 singles coming from it.

PLEASE BUY: Go to iTunes and download a "Fall" dance mix by Kimberley Locke. They're REALLY good.

No comments: